What's included in the price?
Everyone booking a holiday receives a Headwater information pack with detailed trip notes to help you get the most out of your holiday. Further advice is available from our UK and overseas staff/partners when needed. All our prices are US$ per person.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEAL PLANS
- Accommodation is based on two adults sharing a twin or double room.
- Rooms include private shower/bath and toilet (and usually phone), within the classification shown on the individual holiday pages.
- The level of comfort of auberges, alberghi, etc not falling within the official star rating system is shown by 'acorns'. These properties are officially licensed, very popular with customers, and very much part of the country way of life.
- Room upgrades are often possible, at a supplement. See the 'Hotels' section of the individual holiday pages for details. Here you will also find suggestions for extra nights and/or city add-ons.
- Meal plans: as shown in price tables.
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED
Hotel-to-hotel and twin/multi centre holidays
- Transport of bags between hotels.
- Briefing and local information.
- Headwater route notes.
- Headwater map kit generally 1:25,000 for walkers, 1:100,000 for cycling and canoeing holidays.
- Cyclists: fully equipped all-terrain touring bike with panniers, or child’s all-terrain touring bike.
- Canoeists: provision of canoe/kayak, paddles, helmets, buoyancy aids, 25 litre waterproof container, boat lock and chain.
Single centre holidays
- Guide services as described in holiday descriptions.
- Walkers: guided walks from walking hotels as specified in holiday descriptions.
- Cyclists: fully equipped all-terrain touring bike with panniers, water bottle, or child’s all-terrain touring bike.
- Access to sport, leisure and other facilities listed in the holiday descriptions. Where activities are extra, we say so.
- Admissions to châteaux, galleries, museums etc where specified as included.
- Headwater regional information booklet.
Extra nights / City breaks
These include accommodation (and meals, where specified), but not the cost of travel between airport/station and hotel.
Departure/arrival taxes and visa charges which are payable locally in cash are not included in the holiday price: currently in Galapagos US$41 and Costa Rica US$29. Local tourist taxes like the French taxe de séjour (if charged, not usually more than 2 Euro per day) are also not included and are payable directly to your hotelier at the end of your stay.
'Child' in the holiday data panels means a child over 2 and under 12 on the date of outward travel (sharing with 2 adults).