Why choose a Headwater holiday?
We want you to visit as a traveller rather than a tourist, and for you to really feel part of the local community. When hand-picking where to stay, we search out small, family-run hotels, with great regional cuisine, and owners who take a genuine interest in their guests. No two accommodations are ever the same, so you'll find historic castles, old manor houses, working farms, stylish villas and converted convents with wonderful cloisters and hidden courtyards.
10 reasons why you'll love Headwater
- Interest-packed itineraries - Headwater holidays are meticulously designed so that you really get under the skin of the place that you're visiting. Of course, we help you tick off the "must see" sights, but our focus is on scratching beneath the surface and experiencing life as the locals do.
- Unbeatable value for money - In these uncertain times, value for money is key and, at Headwater, we aim to provide the best value at every stage of your booking, with lots of added extras, and no unexpected hidden bills.
- High quality hotels - All the places we've chosen are special, but in lots of different ways, often reflecting the tastes and personalities of the people who run them. We have a wider range of *** and **** hotels than ever before, many offering spas and wellness centres, secluded gardens, gyms and tennis. Excellent accommodation »
- Maps, guides and route notes - We provide comprehensive, fully up-to-date maps and route notes for every holiday. These are sent to you well advance so you can go through them at leisure, and our staff will also be on hand to answer any queries when you're on holiday with us.
- Great food and wine - As self-confessed foodies, we appreciate how important this is for many Headwater regulars, so we guarantee you'll eat well on all our holidays! In regions where self-drive is popular, we also offer a complimentary wine pick up service where we'll collect any purchases you've made whilst cycling and have them transported to the boot of your car. Gastronomic meals »
- Tailor-made travel - We recognise that most people want to fly from their local airport, often taking advantage of low cost carriers. If a route exists, we'll work with it, providing tailormade transfers to tie in as appropriate. More travel choices »
- 24-hour support and backup - Although this service is, thankfully, rarely used, we do provide a full 24-hour emergency telephone service should you need out of hours support during your time with us.
- Bespoke itineraries - If you want a shorter, or longer, trip than our itineraries suggest, then it's not usually a problem to add or take out days, and re-price accordingly. We can also often strip out meals if you prefer a B&B version of a holiday, allowing you to choose, and pay for, meals locally.
- Group discounts - We often get requests from families or groups of friends travelling together - it's an increasingly popular way of celebrating a "big" birthday or other such milestone! If your party is 10 people or more, and you're travelling for a minimum of 7 nights, then we'll apply a single £500 discount to your total booking.
- Loyalty scheme - We offer upto 8% discount to our returning customers as a special "thank you". More about our loyalty scheme ».